Sunday 24 March 2013

GLASS HOUSES

We love our reflection. Well, not necessarily what's in it. But we like the idea of it. The ability to see what we look like. I know it might seem like a pretty standard, everyday phenomenon. But just think about it. Without reflections (and the invention of photography) we would never know what we look like. We would never know what other people see when they look at us.

Now as someone who loves a good session in front of the mirror (don't judge my honesty), I find it fascinating and somewhat unnerving to think of a world without reflections. There would be no need for makeup or facial plastic surgery. No need for eyebrow waxing or eyelash tinting. No need for a whole array of self-criticisms. But unfortunately, or fortunately, which ever you chose, that isn't the world in which we live. Ours is one of reflection. Which at the very least, makes for some pretty awesome photographs (even if I do say so myself).









Top & Shorts: Sabo Skirt
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell
Rings: Lovisa

Photos by Annisa

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!
    Love the collar detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit<3 love your shorts. I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. You just made my day. Remember to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. Cheers.